My career with the State of California’s Employment Development Department (EDD) spanned more than thirty years. Many of those years were in the fields of marketing, media, job development, and event planning. When I retired in 2000 I was in charge of the Public Affairs Branch of EDD;
• 1994 – 1995 – President of the CA Chapter of the International Association of Personnel in Employment Security and emceed international conventions;
• 1996 – 1997 – Owner of Meeting Masters, an event planning corporation with contracts with the US Dept. of Labor, the President’s Committee for Employment of Persons with Disabilities, and the CA State job Training Coordinating Committee;
• 2010 – Cedar Fort published my first novel, Becoming Kate; Self-published a children’s book, “The Curious Kitten”: Still unpublished children’s book “Stella the Sea Lion”: Currently writing a tween book, “The Underground.”
• 2011 – 2012 – Volunteer Coordinator (2011) Publicity Chair (2012) for the Grants Pass branch of the American Association of University Women’s annual Kitchen Tour (raised $10,000 and $11,000 respectively for scholarships);
• Singing (2001-2002) sang first soprano with the River City Chorale in a European concert tour including performances at the Duomo in Florence – (2003 – 2010) – first soprano with the Siskiyou Singers and the Three Rivers Chorale (2010 – present) singing high tenor with “In Accord,” a women’s chorale group.
• Volunteering (2001 – 2002) –teacher at Mustard Seed, a school for homeless children in Sacramento, CA; (2010 – 2012) – assisted local food bank
Enjoys writing swimming, reading, singing (obviously and joyfully), sculpting, painting and grand-parenting.
My husband Howard and I live in Grants Pass, OR and have a shared family of seven children, their seven respective spouses, 15 grandchildren (seven with spouses), and eight great-grandchildren.