Dixie had a distinguished career with the State of California’s Employment Development Department (EDD) which spanned more than thirty years. Many of those years were in the fields of marketing, media, job development, and event planning. When she retired in 2000 she was in charge of the Public Affairs Branch of EDD;
• 1994 – 1995 – she was president of the CA Chapter of the International Association of Personnel in Employment Security and emceed international conventions;
• 1996 – 1997 – Dixie was the owner of Meeting Masters, an event planning corporation with contracts with the US Dept. of Labor, the President’s Committee for Employment of Persons with Disabilities, and the CA State job Training Coordinating Committee;
• 2010 – Cedarfort published her first novel, Becoming Kate; in 2015 she self-published a children’s book, The Curious Kitten; August, 2017 Discovering Kate will come out; still unpublished is a children’s book Stella the Sea Lion; and she is currently writing a tween book, The Underground.
• Singing (2001-2002) sang first soprano with the River City Chorale in a European concert tour including performances at the Duomo in Florence – (2003 – 2010) – first soprano with the Siskiyou Singers and the Three Rivers Chorale (2010 – present); sings high tenor with “In Accord,” a women’s chorale group.
• Volunteering (2001 – 2002) –teacher at Mustard Seed, a school for homeless children in Sacramento, CA; (2010 – 2012) in Grants Pass, she volunteered at the local food bank; 2011 – 2012 – Volunteer Coordinator (2011) Publicity Chair (2012) for the Grants Pass branch of the American Association of University Women’s annual Kitchen Tour (raised $10,000 and $11,000 respectively for scholarships); currently is a member of Lions International and volunteers in fundraising events
- Hobbies: Enjoys writing, swimming, reading, singing (obviously and joyfully), sculpting, painting and grand-parenting.
Dixie and her husband, Howard, live in Grants Pass, OR and have a shared family of seven children, their seven respective spouses, 15 grandchildren (seven with spouses), and eight great-grandchildren.